Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often comes before vomiting. Vomiting is the forcible voluntary or involuntary emptying (“throwing up”) of stomach contents through the mouth. At our Urgent Care Clinic in North Oklahoma City, we can help! Walk in’s welcome, no appointment necessary!
What Causes Nausea or Vomiting?
Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms of many conditions such as:
- Motion sickness or seasickness
- Early stages of pregnancy (nausea occurs in approximately 50%-90% of all pregnancies; vomiting in 25%-55%)
- Medication-induced vomiting
- Intense pain
- Emotional stress (such as fear)
- Gallbladder disease
- Food poisoning
- Infections (such as the “stomach flu”)
- A reaction to certain smells or odors
- Heart attack
- Concussion or brain injury
- Brain tumor
- Some forms of cancer
- Bulimia or other psychological illnesses
- Gastroparesis or slow stomach emptying (a condition that can be seen in people with diabetes)
- Ingestion of toxins or excessive amounts of alcohol
Don’t delay – please visit our walk in Urgent Care Clinic in North Oklahoma City and meet with one of our Health Care Providers as soon as possible.
Urgent Care Services NW OKC
Charter Clinic Immediate Care
Located at Britton & Broadway Extension
200 W. Britton Rd.
Oklahoma City OK 73114